Wednesday, September 10, 2014

How to: Make Mint Lime Salt Scrub

Are you a shower person or a bath person?

I'm a shower person.  I like long showers where the water never gets cold and no one is knocking on the door telling me to get out.

I'd really like to be a bath person, and every once in a while, I try.  But, I just can't.
I never know how to keep my hands and my book above the water.  I don't like it when it's so hot at first that it scalds your feet to get in, but I also don't like it when the water starts to cool down.

Clearly, I'm doing it wrong.

Part of the reason I want to like baths is because I do like all the bath paraphernalia.

My mom and I made these mint/lime 'flavored' salt scrubs for the favors for my sister's baby shower.  Luckily, we had some left over so I can practice becoming a bath person! :)
MINT LIME SALT SCRUB
coconut oil
epsom salts
lime extract
peppermint extract

1.  The ratio is about 2 parts oil to 1 part salt.  Once you've determined how much you'd like to make, melt the coconut oil (we placed the entire bottle in a saucepan filled with water over medium low heat).

2.  Mix together oil and salt, adjusting amounts to reach the desired consistency.

3.  Stir in lime and peppermint extracts so it is as fragrant as you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips