Thursday, December 26, 2013

Sweet Potato Biscuits

I'm back!  I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

This year, Christmas felt a little rushed to me so I'm going to give you some advice to avoid that: don't move 4 days before Christmas.  It's been quite the whirlwind of packing, driving, unpacking, making yule logs, hosting Christmas parties, opening gifts and working.
I'm sure it will settle down.  I'll get used to the new kitchen.  I'll figure out the best lighting for pictures. I'll do all of that and it will feel normal again, but right now, it just feels like a lot to deal with.

Usually, when I have a lot going on in my life and everything feels out of control, I bake.  I bake bread or cookies or biscuits and then everything seems a little more manageable.  Biscuits especially are good.  They're good because they're easy to make and they don't take a lot of prep time.  Whip 'em up, feel better and then get back to sorting out the rest of your life.


SWEET POTATO BISCUITS
1 c. sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
6 Tbsp. butter, melted (divided)
1 1/4 c. flour
3 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
pinch salt
1/4 c. milk

1.  Mix together sweet potatoes and 4 tablespoons of the melted butter together.

2.  Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.  Stir into sweet potato mixture until just combined.

3.  Add in the milk to form a dough.

4.  On a floured surface, roll out dough until about 3/4" thick.  Cut into biscuits.

5.  Place biscuits an ungreased cookie sheet and brush the top of each with the remaining 2 tablespoons butter.

6.  Bake at 400˚ for about 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips