Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Peanut Butter Popcorn

There are only 3 weeks until Christmas.  You're probably already aware of that fact, but still I thought I'd give you a reminder.  Since Thanksgiving was later this year, everything feels a little more rushed.  Normally, I would have gifts planned out for everyone by now, or maybe even have a bag full of them and be done with my shopping altogether. 
This year, along with planning our Christmas Eve party, buying presents, and decorating the tree, I'm also packing boxes, renting a moving truck, and canceling our TV and internet contracts.

The reason?  We're moving back home to Utah!  I'm really excited, but to be totally honest, I'll be way more excited when it's over with.  Moving is never fun but there probably couldn't be a worse time of year to do this stuff. 
Anyway, maybe I can just give out popcorn for Christmas.  Not a bad idea really.  Or maybe we can serve popcorn at our Christmas party.  Also, not a bad idea.  Plus, I read in a target catalog that "popcorn is the trending snack of the season."  I didn't actually know that snacks could trend, but what do I know. 

PEANUT BUTTER POPCORN
8 c. popped popcorn
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. butter
20 marshmallows
1/4 c. peanut butter
salt

1.  Place popcorn into a large bowl.  Set aside.

2.  In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, marshmallows and peanut butter.  Over medium heat, stir frequently until combined.

3.  Pour peanut butter mixture over popcorn and stir to coat evenly.  Sprinkle with salt to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips