Friday, December 6, 2013

Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans

'Baby, it's cold outside' doesn't even begin to describe it.  We've been in a bit of a 'cold snap' around here.  The type of frigidity that makes you cough when you walk outside.  The type of cold that freezes your nose hairs the first breath you take.  I think this is what you call bitter cold.  To put a number on it: -20˚.  Mother nature's not messin' around.
To combat the freezing temps, I've been drinking more coffee.  Not just because my body's telling me I had better get to hibernating, but also to warm my hands.  Once it warms up again and I scale back my caffeine intake, I'll probably start going through withdrawals.  To combat the withdrawals, I made chocolate covered espresso beans.


It's all just a series of cause and effect, really. 
These are not very sweet so if you're thinking of making them as a gift for a coffee lover, make sure they like their coffee black.  And strong :)  But remember you can always adjust the amount of sugar that you add to the cocoa powder to suit your own tastes.

CHOCOLATE COVERED ESPRESSO BEANS225 grams dark chocolate
100 grams espresso beans
1/4 c. cocoa powder
2-3 Tbsp. sugar

1.  Melt chocolate over a double boiler.

2.  Stir espresso beans into melted chocolate until coated. 

3.  Mix together cocoa powder and sugar.  Drop all espresso beans into cocoa powder mixture and stir until most of the beans separate.

4.  After they have cooled completely, store in an airtight container or make them into gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips