Monday, March 4, 2013

Peanut Butter Chocolate Oatmeal Rounds

I think I finally understand how new parents feel - overwhelmed with "helpful advice."  I don't think they want it.  I think they want to scream at the people who are offering this unsolicited advice, but instead bite their tongue because they know they are just trying to be nice.

I think I know how new parents feel because last night, Dingo was playing with some other dogs in the field behind our house and I had to listen to this "perfect" dog owner talk about his "perfect" dog for at least a half hour straight.  I didn't ask for his advice.  I didn't even really want to talk to him in the first place.
The words, "I am the pack leader," actually came out of his mouth.  He said things like, "she (Dingo) is obviously very complex."  No, she's not.  She's a dog.  You put food in front of her and she loves you.  You take away her toy and she's bummed for one second before she's distracted by something else.  It's all very very simple actually.
Just because I have a dog, doesn't mean I am the expert on dog training.  And just because I write a food blog, doesn't mean I know everything about baking cookies.  However!  Here's some unsolicited advice for you: make these cookies.  Give them to someone and they will love you.  (People are pretty simple too, turns out.)

PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE OATEAL ROUNDS
Recipe from Better Homes and Gardens
3/4 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. peanut butter
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3 oz. unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
1 1/4 c. flour
2 c. oats

1.  Beat together butter, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda.

2.  Beat in eggs, vanilla, and melted chocolate, until combined.

3.  Add flour.  Stir in oats.

4.  Bake at 375˚ for 10 minutes (until edges are set).

4 comments:

  1. Sarah,
    You put a smile on my face with your thoughts on unsolicited advice!!!! Absolutely perfect, just like your yummy cookies! Keep up the good work.
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My mom has always told me that I, "have a lot of opinions!"
      Love,
      Sarah

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chrissy! How is everything going? Did you find this relate-able being a new mom :)

      Delete

Blogging tips