Thursday, March 28, 2013

Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes

This weekend I have plans to do some spring cleaning.  With the snowman in the neighbors yard finally melting away, it seems like a good idea.  I've never really done spring cleaning before.  Usually I leave my deep-cleaning to when I move in or out of a new apartment.  That's been happening about every year so it's worked out fine.
This year, I am feeling the need to purge some of my belongings though, and I don't think it can wait until we move out of this apartment.

Because I can't close any of my dresser drawers without working up a sweat, and because stuff falls out of the closet when I try to get the vacuum out, I feel like it's necessary.  It's daunting, but totally necessary.
At one point, I read something about burning as many calories cleaning as you do jogging on the treadmill.  Well, that's not true, but either way,  I know that when I vacuum I get hot.  Sometimes I get winded (probably because of all of the sugar/fat I eat), and I need snacks to keep me going.  So I choose to have sugar/fat-based snacks to keep with the trend.


PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE FUDGE CUPCAKES
Recipe from Cupcake Heaven
1 c. butter
1 c. sugar
2 c. flour
3 tsp. baking powder
4 eggs
1 c. crunch peanut butter
For the frosting:
1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
1/2 c. butter
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. milk
2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
1/8 tsp. salt

1.  Beat together butter, sugar, flour, baking powder and eggs until smooth.  Stir in the peanut butter until combined.

2.  Spoon batter into paper lined muffin pan.  (Will make 18 cupcakes.)

3.  Bake at 350˚ for 20 minutes.  Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.

4.  For the frosting: beat together peanut butter, butter and vanilla.  Add powdered sugar, milk, cocoa powder and salt.  (Add more milk if too thick, more powdered sugar if too thin, etc. - taste test!)

5.  Frost your cupcakes - add sprinkles, if desired.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Rosie! I hope you try them sometime!

      Delete
  2. Wow, these look out of this world, have to try these...

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips