Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Cadbury Creme Egg Milkshake

There are a lot of things I really like about Easter.  All of them are sugar or egg based.  And when sugar and eggs come together, there's really nothing better.  By that I mean, sugar shaped into egg forms (real eggs and sugar would be gross).  Like Reese's eggs and Robins Eggs and especially Cadbury Creme Eggs.
In fact, I remember bartering a lot for those precious cream filled eggs.  I would pretty much trade everything else in my Easter basket for just one more Cadbury Creme Egg.

Since then, I guess I've grown up some.  The day that I grew up was the first day I said, "that's too sweet."  At least in my mind, that's what distinguishes a grownup from a kiddo.  And now I think that Cadbury Creme Eggs are "too sweet."
So, by all means, you would assume that a Cadbury Creme Egg on top of ice cream blended with butterscotch and chocolate would also be "too sweet."  You'd be wrong.  It's just one of those mysteries of the world, because I promise you, this milkshake is just perfect.


CADBURY CREME EGG MILKSHAKE (serves 2)
Recipe from The Good Stuff Cookbook
1 Cadbury Creme Egg
1/4 c. butterscotch sauce
1/4 c. chocolate sauce
3 c. chocolate ice cream

1.  Drizzle 1 Tbsp. of the butterscotch and 1/4 c. chocolate down the sides of 2 glasses.

2.  Blend ice cream and remaining butterscotch until smooth.  Pour into prepared glasses.

3.  Place 1/2 Cadbury Creme Egg on top of milkshake.  Drizzle with more butterscotch (optional).

4 comments:

  1. Mmm...two of my favorites in one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ice Cream and Butterscotch? or Ice Cream and Candy?!

      Delete
  2. Nice post.. Great to see the recipe of cadbury milkshake..Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! I can't wait until Easter comes around so I can stock up on more Cadbury Creme Eggs and make this again :)

      Delete

Blogging tips