Friday, March 1, 2013

Banana Streusel Bread

They got new treadmills at the gym!  It's amazing how something new like that will get you pumped about running in place.  Now I can attach my iPod directly into the treadmill and just run to my heart's content (usually about 1 mile!).  Soon, I'll be able to watch TV on the new machines too!
I don't know what other, normal, people like to watch while they work out, but I like The Biggest Loser (for motivation), music videos ('cause they break up the time well), and Foodnetwork (a reminder of why I am torturing myself in the first place).

Maybe I should make a slideshow of all of my recipes and just zone out to pounds of butter and sugar taking form.  Seems like a good idea to me. 
BANANA STREUSEL BREAD
2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. ginger
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 c. mashed banana
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. melted butter
1/4 c. chopped pecans
For the Streusel Topping:
1/4 c. brown sugar, packed
3 Tbsp. flour
2 Tbsp. butter
1/3 c. chopped pecans

1.  Grease and flour 1 loaf pan (9x5x3").  Preheat oven to 350˚.

2.  Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and ginger.  Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.

3.  Mix together eggs, mashed banana, sugar and melted butter.  Add to flour mixture.  Stir until just moistened.  Stir in pecans.

4.  Prepare streusel: mix together brown sugar and flour.  Cut in butter.  Streusel should resemble coarse crumbs.  Sprinkle over loaf.

5.  Bake for 55 to 60 minutes (test with toothpick).  Cool in pan on top of a cooling rack for 10 minutes.  Remove from pan and cool completely.  Wrap and store overnight before slicing and serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips