Friday, February 1, 2013

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

There's this thing that happens to me when I am invited to go to parties.  I never know what to bring.  Maybe you've been in this situation before?

Well, since I write a food blog, people kind of expect me to bring something over the top and better than anything they've ever had.  But then at the same time, I have this problem of being really bad at managing my time only before parties.  Any other time, I am really good at it.  I get where I'm going, on time.  Something about having a social event to attend, makes me late.

This usually means I am scrambling last minute to put something together, hoping that it turns out because if it doesn't, it's going to be really embarrassing when the "foodblogger" shows up with store-bought cookies.  
I think I've found a solution in this roasted red pepper hummus.  It's really fast and it also won't disappoint people who are expecting something good because of your reputation.

p.s. Remember this recipe when you are supposed to be over at your friend's house on Superbowl Sunday in 20 minutes and you're panicking.

ROASTED RED PEPPER HUMMUS
Recipe from Missy
1 can white beans
1 roasted red pepper (jarred or fresh)
juice from 1/2 lemon
2 cloves garlic
pinch salt

1.  In a food processor, blend until smooth.  Refrigerate and serve with cut up pitas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips