Monday, February 11, 2013

Coconut Blueberry Banana Smoothie

I'm doing this yoga program with my studio - it's called "40 Days to Personal Revolution."  Part of the program is a "fruit feast."  For three days, all you eat is fruit (well, anything with a seed) to cleanse your system.

When I woke up this morning at 5:30 to get to the 6:00 a.m. power hour class, I was feeling optimistic. After I had my delicious smoothie, I was feeling even better about it.
Then at about 9:30, I wasn't feelin' it anymore.  I got hungry, verging on hangry.  Then I started feeling pretty sick.  You don't really need to know anymore than that, but the point is, if you start out your day with this smoothie, you'll probably feel pretty optimistic too.  Even if a couple hours later you get hungry and you eat a piece of toast with almond butter, your day will still have started out strong.

COCONUT BLUEBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE
2 bananas
1 1/2 c. blueberries, frozen
1/4 c. coconut milk

1.  Blend it all up, pour it into a cup!

4 comments:

  1. Your pictures are looking nice...

    And the smoothie looks pretty good, too. I had almost the same thing for breakfast this morning except it was a banana and a bowl of blueberries and vanilla yogurt....So not at all the same but still kind of the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been working pretty hard on my pictures lately :)

      Your breakfast sounds pretty similar...if you blended it, it would be practically the same thing!

      Delete
  2. Pictures are great! I would be craving carbs pretty early on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been reading up on food photography :)

      Obviously, I was craving some bread pretty badly too...then brownies...then cake...then rice...then pretty much anything else that wasn't fruit!

      Delete

Blogging tips