Saturday, February 23, 2013

Lemon Drop

I already told you that on Monday, we bought a new car.  Everything went pretty smoothly with that until it came down to actually paying for it.  I'm guessing I'm not the only one who's experienced this.  First of all, that's when the bargaining begins.  Bargaining is about the most uncomfortable thing to do.  Ever.  Even when you feel like you might be getting a good deal, you still know you're being swindled.  It's really just awful.

Next comes the always fun experience of dealing with the financial person.  He/She is also known as the-person-who-doesn't-have-to-be-nice-to-you-because-they-already-sold-you-the-car.  She's the one who insults you and makes you walk out the door with a pit in your stomach.
On top of both of those things, we had the added bonus of leaving the lights on in our car for the whole day that we were at the dealership.

The rest of this "short week," has been equally hectic.  All I'm trying to say is, I'm sorry for the delay and I hope you have some time to sit back, relax, and have a cocktail!  Cheers!

LEMON DROP
Recipe from Melissa Flinn
1 1/2 oz. vodka
1/2 oz. triple sec
1 tsp. fine sugar
3/4 oz. fresh squeezed lemon juice
ice

1.  In a martini shaker, mix all ingredients.  Garnish with lemon slices.

*If you want to be extra fancy, rim the glasses with lemon juice and sugar (also delicious because these are really strong).

6 comments:

  1. Yum! I bet they are outstanding with Meyer Lemon, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! I live in Copenhagen and therefore the closest thing I've done is haggle over a bike, not nearly the same. But I did go to the dealership with my mother when she bought a new car and yeah, high stress! I love lemon anything. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely high stress, but it all worked out in the end! Be careful with these drinks, they're strong!

      Delete
  3. Oh my, it sounds like a hectic week alright. So glad we don't have a car anymore, the cost of it back in Australia was enormous :/ . These lemon drop drinks sound fabulous, I absolutely love lemon so I must try that soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is definitely something to be said for living car-less, but out in Colorado, it's a little more difficult. I hope you like the lemon drops!

      Delete

Blogging tips