Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Double Chocolate Brownies

As I mentioned on Monday, I started a fruit cleanse this week.  I'm not going to lie.  I didn't make it very long.  About 12 hours.  At first I felt pretty embarrassed about that.  I still feel a little embarrassed, but basically, it just wasn't working for me.  Not right now at least.
However, doing even just 12 hours of the cleanse made me realize exactly what I crave and when.  Mid-morning, I need some carbs.  Then at about 1:30, the sweets cravings kick in.
I mean, I knew that I craved those things, but doing this, made me really realize just how much I relied on those foods.

And at 3:30, I had the biggest realization: you should not under any circumstances watch the Food Network when you're doing a cleanse.  You actually shouldn't watch any TV at all.  There are a lot of commercials advertising delicious looking food.
I was having some major daydreams about these brownies.


DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
Recipe from Nestle
2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c. butter
3 eggs
1 1/4 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. baking soda
powdered sugar for dusting

1.  Melt 1 cup chocolate chips and butter in a large saucepan over low heat.  Stir until smooth.  Remove from heat.  Stir in eggs.

2.  To the chocolate, stir in flour, sugar, vanilla and baking soda.

3.  Stir in remaining chocolate chips.

4.  Pour into greased 9x13" pan.

5.  Bake at 350˚ for 18-22 minutes.  Cool.  Dust with powdered sugar (optional).

6 comments:

  1. You have the best blog name and pictures too!! I saw you on Joy the Baker. Keep doing what you do. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The name comes from a family nickname - kind of embarrassing but you just gotta own it! Your blog is really entertaining - I love it!

      Delete
  2. Lovely blog and the chocolate brownies look amazing, big fan of chocolate and when it's in brownies it's just so wonderful!
    Found you too on Joy the Baker :) happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Yoléne! Your blog is wonderful and your pictures are even better! I totally agree too re: chocolate in brownie form!

      Delete
  3. Mmmm. Just looking at these makes me reflex want a giant glass of milk to wash them down. Don't beat yourself up about the cleanse, in my experience a good dose of moderation is much better. I also attempted a week of cayenne pepper, maple syrup and lemon juice cocktail which left me miserable and starving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, milk is definitely necessary (not pictured, but definitely in the background)! I've heard about that Master Cleanse - it sounds pretty miserable :) Thanks for the support!

      Delete

Blogging tips