Friday, January 11, 2013

Trilby

The Broncos are playing the Ravens tomorrow in Denver.  A couple weeks ago, tickets were really expensive.  Then this really weird thing happened.  The weather forecast for Saturday came out.  Considering the high for tomorrow is a whole 19 degrees, tickets are significantly cheaper.
So, while this may be the only playoff game that I ever get the chance to go to, I think I'll pass.  Maybe if football games weren't 15 hours long, I could handle sitting outside in the cold and watching.  But considering there really is no time frame with football games, I'm staying home.
I'm going to stay home and eat trilby and be warm.
TRILBY
1/2 lb. mild cheddar cheese, crumbled by hand
6 green onions, chopped
6 hard boiled eggs, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
dash paprika
1 c. (+/-) mayonnaise
parsley, optional
baguette

1.  Combine cheese, onions, eggs, and paprika.  Stir in mayonnaise a little at a time (adjusting how much to your preference).  Add salt and pepper to taste.

2.  Mash together to create a ball.  Chill

3.  Garnish with parsley.  Serve on a thinly sliced baguette or crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips