Friday, January 18, 2013

Pomegranate Margaritas

This week has been one of those weeks where I have been booked solid.  My calendar is broken into 15 minute increments just so I can fit everything in.  Because of this, other things have fallen by the wayside.  Like doing the dishes and hygiene.

Next week is shaping up the same way unfortunately.  But this weekend, I don't have anything pressing.  It feels like a really well-deserved 2 days off.  When things get hectic, all I really want to do is bake - so you can expect something good coming your way soon (if I ever get a chance to sit down and write about it!).
Maybe this weekend, I'll really relax while I bake/cook though - My Drunk Kitchen style.  I'm gonna drink some really strong margaritas and bake up some cupcakes :)  I'll post the evidence!

These are just the really strong margaritas I need (be careful, they sneak up on you).

POMEGRANATE MARGARITAS
Recipe from Safeway
4 c. pomegranate juice
1 c. lime juice
1 Tbsp. Cointreau
1 c. tequila

1.  Freeze pomegranate juice in an ice cube tray.

2.  In a blender, combine lime juice, Cointreau, and tequila.  Add frozen pomegranate juice cubes slowly.  Blend until the margaritas are slushy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips