Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Strawberry Banana Chia Smoothie

Probably a lot of you are on juice cleanses right now which means a lot of you are hungry.  I'm sorry.  There's a reason I don't do juice cleanses.

My only real effort at being healthy is skipping the waffles in the morning and replacing them with smoothies.  But if I'm going to skip the heavy carbs for blended fruit, it better have a little more substance to it.  That's why this smoothie has chia seeds and oatmeal, so you won't get that fruit-cleanse-hunger thing goin' on an hour after you eat it.
And if you remember these smoothies that I made a while ago, you'll remember that you can make these ahead of time.  So much easier than making juice :)

STRAWBERRY BANANA CHIA SMOOTHIE
Recipe adapted from The Yummy Life
Makes 2 Smoothies

2 bananas
1 c. strawberries (fresh or frozen)
3/4 c. vanilla yogurt
1 c. milk
1/2 c. oatmeal chia mixture*

1.  Blend all ingredients together.

2.  Pour into two jars and store overnight to thicken.

*Oatmeal Chia Mixture = Blend together 2 1/4 c. oats with 1/4 c. + 1/2 Tbsp. chia seeds.  (Use 1/4 c. mixture per smoothie.)

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about juice cleanses. Gotta have that fiber... plus the pulp, which most juicers extract, is usually the healthiest part of the fruit. Glad there are better alternatives to juicers on the market now.

    Can't wait to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one, Alana! Have a great day! -Sarah

      Delete

Blogging tips