Monday, January 16, 2012

Orange Oatmeal Bread (bread machine recipe)


Here is a recipe for all of you married folk out there.  If you're not married, you can make it too but I'm assuming you don't have a bread maker.  I'm pretty sure I'm the only unmarried person in the world with a bread maker.  I probably am also the only person that uses her bread maker often enough to justify taking up the space.

But we're going to change that.  When you see how delicious and easy homemade bread can be, you will use your old wedding present just as much as I do!

ORANGE OATMEAL BREAD
Recipe from The Bread Machine Cookbook II
By: Donna Rathmell German
1 1/3 c. orange juice
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 Tbsp. honey
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. grated orange peel
2 c. oats
2 c. bread flour
2 1/2 tsp. yeast


1.  In the order listed, add all of the ingredients to the breadmaker.
2.  Run the bread maker on it's normal setting (about 3 hours).
See!  That was easy!

4 comments:

  1. I've got a batch in the bread machine now, smells wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious! I was concerned at first that the dough was too sticky, but it firmed up after the machine kneaded it a bit longer. It has a nice, subtle orange flavor. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it's hard to know what's going to happen in a bread machine...I always make doughs that I think look too dry, but usually it all works out! I'm so glad this recipe worked for you and thank you for coming back to tell me...I love to know that people are actually reading AND trying new recipes!

      Delete

Blogging tips