Friday, January 10, 2014

Homemade Grape Soda

Austin and I like to shop at Costco for produce despite the fact that there are only two of us and we can never really eat it all before it spoils.

We try our best to do a good job with planning meals and desserts that will use the whole pallet of berries or case of apples, but there's not really that much we can do with 5 lbs. of grapes.  I learned very young what happens when you eat too many grapes at once so just eating them was out of the question.

So, when I was sitting there with a lot of grapes leftover, I did the natural thing.  I googled "grape recipes."  Did you know you can make a grape pie?  Or did you know that you can make your own grape soda?

Homemade grape soda tastes nothing like that bright purple stuff that comes out of vending machines just FYI.  It tastes like actual grapes.  I guess if you wanted that fake flavor, you could probably throw some purple Jolly Ranchers in there, but I have a feeling you might like this non-artificial flavor better anyway.


HOMEMADE GRAPE SODA
4 c. grapes
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. honey
2 c. club soda

1.  Blend all ingredients together until smooth.  (There will still be pieces of the grape skin.)

2.  Fill a glass halfway with ice.  Strain grape soda into the glass.

6 comments:

  1. Grape pie is delicious!! I've had it only once but I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always talk about it, maybe you should make me one sometime!

      Delete
    2. I don't know how to make a grape pie. And I don't know where you get concord grapes. Otherwise I would probably try to make one.

      Delete
    3. I think you should probably do some more research and figure it out...then invite me over :)

      Delete
  2. Wait, Sarah -- what happens if you eat "too many" grapes?

    -Ginny

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips