Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Recovery Smoothie

I'm getting sick again.  You know that feeling in the back of your throat and nose when it starts?  The feeling that you can ignore for a really long time and somehow that seems to hold it off.  But then, I don't know exactly why it happens, but as soon as you relax, that's when it hits you full on.
Yesterday, instead of coming home and cleaning or working or cooking, I read a book.  Big mistake.  This morning, I woke up with a much more conspicuous sick feeling.  And then I made an even bigger mistake - I acknowledged it.

There's no coming back now.  The time for prevention has come and gone, now I have to attack it head on.  There are about a bajillion different "remedies" for a cold but it seems to me the best solution is lots and lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.
If you have something better, please let me know :)


RECOVERY SMOOTHIE (makes 1)
1 banana
handful kale
1/2 c. cantaloupe
5-6 strawberries
ice

1.  Blend it all up.

2 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful and festive! I definitely need this right now... cold and flu season :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you see it as 'festive' and green and red, instead of brown :) A cold is going around my office right now, so I've been loading up on smoothies too! Stay healthy!! -Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips