Thursday, October 17, 2013

Kraken Cocktail

Today's a big day.  No, I'm not talking about the late night, last minute decision to keep the US economy alive, I'm talking about my blog anniversary!  This occasion is a big deal (for no one else but me).

2 years ago today, I bought my domain name and started committing myself to posting 2-3 recipes a week.
Not a lot has really changed around here since then, but I like to think my pictures have gotten a little better, I drink more cocktails, and I cook savory dishes more often (even I can't eat that many sweets).  Now, people besides my family, stop in to read more often and every once in a while, a recipe of mine will be featured on another site.

Most importantly, 2 years later I still love doing it.  I love making the food, taking the pictures, writing the words.  I love all of it.  And I love love love that you pop in to read what I have to say, look at the pictures, and sometimes bookmark/pin the recipes and try them out!  Thank you!

KRAKEN COCKTAIL
1 part Kraken (Black Spiced Rum)
3 parts ginger ale
lime wedge for garnish

1.  Mix Kraken and ginger ale in a old fashioned glass filled with ice.  Garnish with lime (optional).

6 comments:

  1. Happy Blog Birthday! I just happened upon your post from seeing your beautiful photo on tastespotting. Can't wait to read more.

    PS. I love spice rum...I'm gonna have to go buy some kraken so I can make this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristin, thank you so much for stopping by and commenting - it brightens my day every time! Definitely get yourself some Kraken on your way home today - it's Friday, right?!

      Delete
  2. Yay. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ,

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips