Friday, August 16, 2013

Strawberry Daiquiri

At this point, everyone has at least one drink or liquor that just the smell of incites pretty strong gag reflexes, right?  Luckily, it seems that you can get over that.  I'm sure it depends on the intensity of the hangover and the amount of time that's past since the 'incident.'
Basically, strawberry daiquiris were the drink for me.  Actually anything with rum.  And I don't have any story about going to some crazy party in high school or at a frat house.  I can blame my sisters and cousins for this one.  Yes, family, is the cause.  They're the ones that bought me meter long daiquiris in a shady bar (obviously -- they let a 14 year old through the door) in Mexico.

Since my middle school days, I like to think I've become a much savvier drinker, but still the most valuable information I ever got was that same Mexican daiquiri night.  My cousin, Josh, told me, "drink as much water as you possibly can, then drink one more glass."  The other good thing that's happened since then is that now I can drink rum again!  (That light green Gatorade is a different story.)
The great thing about these daiquiris (also the thing that will allow you to drink a meter (meter, not liter) of them) is that they have real strawberries to sweeten them.  No artificial sweeteners that are most definitely the cause of your next day headache.  So, drink up!

STRAWBERRY DAIQUIRI (serves 2)
1/2 c. rum
1 1/2 c. fresh strawberries, hulled
1 1/2 Tbsp. lime juice
ice

1.  Blend all ingredients together, pour into 2 glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips