Thursday, August 8, 2013

Black and Blueberries

I'm going to a wedding tomorrow which has obviously gotten me thinking not about love, or family, or the future.  Mostly, it's gotten me thinking about registries.  Most things that people want are pretty normal, practical things like dish towels and place settings, but then every once in a while there will be a couple that registers for the most random stuff.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to get you a mini pie maker.  I'm also not getting you a sno-cone maker.  Where would you even put it?
In that same realm is the SodaStream.  Have you seen these?  Mostly, I see them at Costco where they seem to always be giving away samples of the stuff.  You've got to really love soda (or really hate water?) to want to take up precious counter space with a soda maker.

Sorry, that's presumptuous.  Maybe you have tons of counter space.  And maybe you really do love sodas.  So even though I'm totally judging your choice of kitchen gadgets, don't think that if I come over to your house and you have one of these I'm going to pass up on a freshly fizzed soda.  I may still make fun of you for it though.  I understand if you never invite me over now.
If you don't want to buy a soda maker, but you still want soda (especially, soda without high fructose corn syrup), don't worry!  I have the answer for you!  Black & Blueberries!  The only equipment you need is a blender - a much more versatile tool if you ask me.

BLACK & BLUEBERRIES
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 c. club soda
2 Tbsp. honey
1 c. blueberries

1.  Blend all ingredients until smooth.

4 comments:

  1. Good blog, Sarah. Loved your point of view.
    Your black and blueberry sounds good. Have a
    Great weekend with your family.
    Love you. Grandma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite refreshing :) I have really been enjoying my time at home - already dreading going back :(
      Love you too!

      Delete
  2. Fabulous idea! Hardly finnished your post before I go up and made myself a glass - I had some mixed raspberries and blueberries in de freezer. So simple, SO tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a simple, tasty drink - I'm glad you loved it too!

      Delete

Blogging tips