Friday, August 23, 2013

El Diablo

I've always been more of a beer drinker.  Wine makes my face turn bright red after just a sip or two, so I tend to stay away from it, especially in social situations.  Mixed drinks were always a little intimidating.  Oh yeah, and they're expensive.  So I just stuck with beer and I was content with that too.
A little while ago, Austin and I started experimenting with different cocktails.  Just for the fun of it.  We tend to go for the fruitier, sweeter cocktails where you can't taste the liquor much.  It's been working out well (how could it not?).

I assume we'll shift our drink choices once summer is done.  I'm looking forward to a hard cider with maple simple syrup and I've had these cranberry rosemary spritzers bookmarked since last winter, so I'm getting pumped for colder weather and the drinks that go along with that.  But in an effort to be present and live in the moment (letting my yoga teacher side creep in), we're mixing up drinks with lime juice, tequila and creme de cassis (a blackcurrant flavored liqueur).
Keepin' it light.  Keepin' it refreshing.


EL DIABLO
2 oz. tequila
3 oz. ginger ale
1 oz. creme de cassis
lime wedge

1.  Fill a highball with ice.  Pour tequila and ginger ale over the top.

2.  Add in creme de cassis (it will settle in the bottom).

3.  Garnish with a lime wedge.  Squeeze over the top and stir before sipping.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so good!! I tend to order beer most of the time too, with the exception being margaritas. I've more recently started to try out other tequila cocktails as well, so I'll be adding this to my list! Love that it is simple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a great alternative to mix it up a little bit! I'm with you on the tequila front!

      Delete

Blogging tips