Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Piña Colada Smoothie

Today is Hump Day (thank the lawd!), but already it's been one of those weeks.  One of those weeks where you're just over it.  You're over all of it before it's even started.

It's been one of those weeks when I really wished I was my own boss and I worked from home so I could start my day with a Bloody Mary then I could eat my lunch outside with a freshly blended piña colada and just, you know, continue that pattern all day.
So, I guess it's probably a good thing that I do have to go into the office where there are expectations of me.

Maybe someday, but for now I'm resigned to making the non-alcoholic version in the morning before heading off to my 9-5 (or rather 7-4).  It tastes really good and it serves as a pretty good consolation prize, but ya know, not quite the effect I'm after.

PIÑA COLADA SMOOTHIE
1 banana
2/3 c. fresh pineapple chunks
1/4 c. shredded coconut
1/2 c. coconut milk
ice
additional shredded coconut for garnish

1.  Blend banana, pineapple, coconut and coconut milk until smooth.

2.  Add in enough ice to create the desired thickness and consistency.

3.  Garnish with shredded coconut on top and a piece of pineapple and/or banana.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips