Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Cheddar Beer Bread

Cheddar Beer Bread | Call Me Fudge
I keep watching things on the news about the East Coast and the Midwest and even the Eastern Rockies getting pounded with snow and here in Utah (where we generally want the snow), we just had the most mild February on record.

I have worn a cardigan more times than I've worn a coat in the past three weeks.  Sometimes even the sweater has been too heavy.

That changed this weekend when we were working on our teardrop trailer out in the garage.  It was only 20˚ and it was miserable to be outside.  (That, and the fact that I caught the flu).
Cheddar Beer Bread | Call Me Fudge
Part of me is ok with having a little more actual winter and part of me was really liking the fact that spring came early.  This is the time of year when I start to really wish that I lived in Arizona or Florida, but then I remember that I absolutely hate being too hot and I know I could never survive a summer in the south.  

So, it looks like I'm just going to have to trade in my sweaters for winter coats for a while longer and I'll also be trading in my light, fruit-filled meals for carb-heavy snacks like beer bread.


CHEDDAR BEER BREAD
3 c. flour
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2/3 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 bottle beer
4 Tbsp. butter, melted

1.  Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cheese.

2.  Stir in beer with a wooden spoon until well combined.

3.  Coat the bottom of a loaf pan with half of the melted butter.  Spoon in the batter and brush on the remaining melted butter.

4.  Bake at 350˚ for 50-60 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Cheddar and beer. Is there need for anything else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've stumped me too! Let me know if you find out ;)
      xo
      Sarah

      Delete

Blogging tips