Friday, February 27, 2015

Happy Hour: Hot 'n Spicy Ginger Cocktail

Hot 'N Spicy Ginger Cocktail | Call Me Fudge
Next week, Daylight Savings Time starts back up and I could not be happier about it.  Finally, I get to stop chasing the sun home and sneaking outside during my lunch breaks to soak up some vitamin D.

I can deal with the cold days of winter, just not the cold, dark days of winter.
Hot 'N Spicy Ginger Cocktail | Call Me Fudge
Maybe it's just because this winter has been so overwhelmingly busy for us, or maybe it's just a really severe case of wanderlust that won't go away, but whatever it is, I am feeling anxious.  Anxious for long nights sitting outside around a fire with a drink in my hand.  Anxious for fresh, local produce and barbecues.  Anxious for everything that summer has to offer.

Tonight, I'm going to see Wild though.  I'm sure that's going to make my wanderlust just disappear ;)
Hot 'N Spicy Ginger Cocktail | Call Me Fudge
HOT 'N SPICY GINGER COCKTAIL
2 slices jalapeño, seeds removed
2 slices ginger root
juice of 1 lemon
1 1/2 oz. gin
1/2 oz. simple syrup

1.  In a martini shaker muddle jalapeño and ginger together (make sure you really smash this up to get all of the flavors out).

2.  Add lemon juice, gin and simple syrup to the martini shaker.

3.  Fill with ice and shake well.

4.  Strain into a highball glass filled with ice.  Garnish with jalapeño slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips