Friday, June 13, 2014

Watermelon Margaritas

It's Friday!  In my mind, every Friday is a good enough reason for a celebratory cocktail, but this Friday especially!

Tomorrow morning Austin comes home!...for only one day :(  For this summer, that's all I get to see of him.  He got an opportunity to be a visiting scientist at NASA for a few months.  And obviously, you can't turn down NASA.  You just can't.

But for me that means solo drinking.  Not in an alcoholic way (I hope), just in a beverage appreciation way.  And since tequila is the base of all my favorite drinks, I was pretty sure I'd appreciate this one quite a lot.
This recipe is also great because you can make a whole pitcher at a time.  Just pour and get back to partying.

WATERMELON MARGARITAS (serves 8)
2 1/2 c. tequila
3/4 c. triple sec
1 1/2 c. fresh lime juice
3 c. fresh watermelon
ice

1.  Blend all ingredients together (start with about 2 cups ice then add more if needed).  Pour into glasses and garnish with watermelon slices.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Agnieszka.

    I will definitely look into your site - best of luck with your new venture!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips