Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Blackberry Coconut Smoothie

Last Friday, I surprised Austin by driving out to California with him and staying for a week while he starts his internship.  I've only been to California once before for a wedding.

Because I know really nothing about the state, I just have to go off of stereotypes.  I thought that everyone in California was perfectly tanned and drank fresh juices filled with wheat grass.  Turns out, that's not really the case.  I'm quickly discovering that not everyone's the beacon of health I had in my head.
That's what happens when you only have stereotypes to go off of, but in the scheme of things, those aren't bad preconceptions to have.  In Utah, everyone assumes you're a polygamist and live on a compound :/

I guess my point is that I drink more juice and smoothies than the Californians I've come across so far.  You can pretty much throw any fresh fruits and vegetables into a blender and it'll taste good, but some combinations are better than others.  The combination of blackberries and coconut milk in this smoothie make it sweet and tropical tasting.  I added the banana to give it a little creaminess to the texture and enough ice to make it thick.

BLACKBERRY COCONUT SMOOTHIE
1 banana
10 blackberries
1/4 c. coconut milk
1 c. ice

1.  Blend all ingredients together.  Top with a couple blackberries for garnish.

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! I love smoothies - they are my very favorite breakfast treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just the best way to start your day Kristi?!

      Delete

Blogging tips