Thursday, June 26, 2014

Fresh Strawberry Buttercream Frosting

Maybe you know, maybe you don't, but Austin and I are getting married this October.  One of the only easy decisions so far in the planning process was choosing the place where we wanted to get married (Moab, Utah).  However, we didn't know that there was a serious lack of caterers and bakeries in Moab.  Once it came down to planning logistics, things got complicated.
So...we're doing it all ourselves.  My mom is now decorator, invitation-maker, florist, and caterer.  It's going to be hard, but we're going to make it work.  I'm confident it will all come together and be way better than ordering hoagies from the grocery store.

Today, my mom suggested that we should also make the cakes.  My answer was, "No.  Just no."  It's not because I don't think our cake would taste better, I just think we need to draw the line somewhere.  I'm pretty confident we'll have enough stress come October.

If I were to make my own wedding cake though, I'd probably make it with this fresh strawberry frosting.  But no, I'm not going to.  You can't convince me to.

FRESH STRAWBERRY BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
3/4 c. butter, softened
1/3 c. strawberries, hulled
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
~3 c. powdered sugar

1.  Puree strawberries in a food processor until very smooth.

2.  In a mixing bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy.  Beat in strawberries, vanilla and salt.

3.  Begin mixing in powdered sugar about 1 cup at a time.  Keep adding more until the frosting reaches the desired thickness.  (I never measure the powdered sugar so that's why I don't have a good description for you, but you'll figure it out I'm sure!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips