Friday, June 20, 2014

Blackberry Mint Margarita

Every time I make a fruity drink, I think about our neighbors in Boulder.  They were pretty much the best neighbors we could have ever asked for.  Scratch that, they were the best neighbors.

When we moved there, we didn't have any friends or really know anyone at all.  I told my mom that our neighbors had invited us to a barbecue or something and she told me, 'be careful making friends with your neighbors, they might end up being around all the time.'
I'll admit it was good advice, but not applicable in this case.  Dan and Allison would come over for dinner and cocktails and still, they're the best neighbors we've ever had and some of the best friends.

I think this drink would be right up their alley.  Fruity and naturally sweetened but definitely still has the kick from the tequila.

BLACKBERRY MINT MARGARITA
5 blackberries (+ 1 for garnish)
6 mint leaves (+ sprig for garnish)
2 oz. tequila
1 oz. fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp. honey

1.  Muddle blackberries and mint in the bottom of a martini shaker.

2.  Fill shaker with ice, tequila, lime juice and honey then shake well.

3.  Strain into an ice filled highball glass and garnish with a blackberry and sprig of mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips