Monday, November 25, 2013

Crantini

I know I normally only give you cocktails on Thursdays and Fridays to get you prepped for the weekend, but this is a short week, so you can to start drinking earlier.
I'll admit that before this Crantini, I'd never actually had a martini.  I've still never had a straight martini. I don't know if I could deal with that quite honestly.  Not because of the straight liquor - it's the olives.  And besides that I'm happy with this version.  It's a very pretty pink color, it's festive, and it's still very much a strong cocktail.

Once your turkey's in the oven, the cheese platter is out on the table, the candles are lit, shake yourself one of these and pat yourself on the back.  You deserve to enjoy Thanksgiving too.
If you're the guest this year, bring the liquor, a shaker, toothpicks, and some fresh cranberries then pour your hostess a drink.  I bet you'll be invited back next year.  Just don't spill it on her couch cushions.


CRANTINI
3 oz. gin
1 oz. cranberry juice
fresh cranberries for garnish
lemon wedge, optional
sugar, optional

1.  Fill a shaker with ice.  Pour gin and cranberry juice over ice.  Shake then strain into martini glass.

2.  Garnish with cranberries.

*If you wanted to make this a little sweeter, rub the rim of the glass with a lemon wedge then dip in sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips