Friday, November 21, 2014

Spiced White Hot Chocolate

When my sisters and I were little, we spent a lot of time outside in the winter ice skating, building snowmen and sledding (or at least that's how I remember it).

It was the best.
We would play so hard that we'd get all sweaty in our snowsuits and enjoy every drop of it.  I remember coming in from the cold, wet and smelling gross.

I also remember my dad making us hot chocolate, but not the powdered stuff from the packets.  The good stuff! From the stove!
Made with real milk and Hershey's syrup.  We'd load it up with as many marshmallows as we could fit in our snowmen mugs and slurp it down.  After that, I assume we went back outside but again my memories are famously inaccurate - I get made fun of for it.  A lot.  (Apparently, I said that I remembered my own birth at one point...hey, maybe I did!)

Anyway, this spiced white hot chocolate is also 'the good stuff.'  Also from the stove.  This stuff has white chocolate instead of Hershey's syrup and some seasonal spices to get you pumped for winter and snow!
SPICED WHITE HOT CHOCOLATE (serves 2)
2 c. milk
3/4 c. cream
4 oz. white chocolate
2 cinnamon sticks
1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. ginger
1 Tbsp. whole cloves
cinnamon stick and ground cinnamon for garnish

1.  In a medium saucepan, combine milk, cream, chocolate, 2 cinnamon sticks, pepper, nutmeg, ginger and cloves.

2.  Whisk constantly until the chocolate is melted and it reaches a simmer.  Simmer for 5 minutes.

3.  Strain into two mugs and garnish with a cinnamon stick and a dash of ground cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips