Friday, November 28, 2014

Happy Hour: Hazelnut Coffee Hot Toddy

It took me a while to get used to hot alcoholic drinks, but I'm coming around. 

I've always really liked hot tea, coffee, hot chocolate and chai, but as soon as you add liquor, I just lose interest.  I know, it doesn't make any sense.
Also, I don't like hazelnut flavored anything.  Yes, that means no Nutella.  So it really doesn't make any sense that I liked this drink.  It's hot, alcoholic and hazelnut flavored.  It defies all logic, because well, it was delicious.  
That being said, one drink will be plenty.  It's petty sweet, so it's more of an aprés ski type of beverage than a drink-a-pitcher cocktail (but who drinks a pitcher of hot toddies anyway?).

HAZELNUT COFFEE HOT TODDY
1 oz. Frangelico nutmeg liqueur
1/2 oz. Kahlúa coffee liqueur
hot water
whipped cream
dash cocoa powder for garnish

1.  Mix together Frangelico and Kahlúa then fill the rest of the glass with hot water.

2.  Top with a dollop of whipped cream and a dash of cocoa powder.

4 comments:

  1. Love this hot toddy! Definitely can see myself making the recipe in the upcoming Christmas period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely gets you in the holiday spirit Thalia! Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. Now this sounds delicious, thanks for posting up this recipe.


    Simon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It most definitely is, Simon :) Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
      -Sarah

      Delete

Blogging tips