Friday, August 15, 2014

Happy Hour: Grapefruit Infused Vodka

Every once in a while, Austin and I will get totally addicted to a new TV show and we’ll have to binge watch the whole season, series, Youtube videos - whatever we can get our hands on!

I know we’re not the only ones that do this.  I’m pretty positive that’s Netflix’s business model.
Anyway, a while back, we had a problem with a show called Tripping Out with Alie & Georgia.  We watched all of the episodes in a week’s time and then we were sad when we had nothing left.

But, I just found out they’ve been doing a new web-based show called Classy Ladies!

On their show, they always made these fun, inspired cocktails with special infused liquors, homemade bitters and flavored simple syrups.  It really was classy.

So making an infused vodka has been on my list of things to do for a long time.  And, now that I know how easy it is, I’m kicking myself for not doing it earlier.
GRAPEFRUIT INFUSED VODKA
1 grapefruit
1 liter vodka

1.  Peel grapefruit.  Place rind and fruit in a pitcher or jar.  Pour in vodka then cover.

2.  Wait 2 weeks.

3.  Strain all of the fruit and peel out of the vodka and store in a sealed container.  Use it in your favorite fruity, vodka drinks (using grapefruit flavored vodka in a greyhound is so good!)!

*Your infused vodka will smell really good and you'll be tempted to think that it will taste that good straight - it won't.  It's still just vodka ;) (learned from experience!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips