Friday, August 8, 2014

Happy Hour: Ginger Whiskey Twist

Right now, I'm trying to decide if I want a 'signature drink' at our wedding.  I think I do, but then the question is what?

It's not like Austin and I have something that just screams 'us.'  We also don't typically like the same drinks.  Not even the same types of liquor.
Not that it really matters what we like - it's more important to have a drink that most of the guests will like.  Which is basically impossible to predict.

So, now we're back to just picking something we like and saying, 'Here!  Drink this!'

Even though, I'm not usually that into whiskey, I like this mix quite a lot.  Not sure it's quite a 'signature' though...I'll have to keep searching.
GINGER WHISKEY TWIST
1 1/2 oz. whiskey
1 orange (rind and juice)
ginger ale

1.  Peel an orange and drop rind into the bottom of your martini shaker.

2.  Add in whiskey and the juice from the orange (I threw the whole thing in, then muddled it - you're going to strain it anyway).  Shake with ice.

3.  Strain into a highball glass filled with ice.  Top off with ginger ale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips