Thursday, September 5, 2013

Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Once a month, I have to go into work early.  It's not too bad really, but I do have to be there at 7:00 a.m. so that I can sit through a 2 hour meeting and take lots of notes.  What makes it not so bad is the fact that we order coffee and pastries.
It's probably one of the only days during the workweek that I eat breakfast.  I have a really bad habit of walking out the door with a thermos of coffee and that's it.  Then, sometime around 11:00 or noon, I'll eat a granola bar and suffer a stomachache until I get home in the afternoon and can eat a late lunch.  It's a carryover from my high school days.

Sure, I've read plenty of reports saying that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  I also know how you shouldn't let coffee sit in your empty stomach.  Does it mean that I'm ever going to change?  Maybe someday.
In the meantime, my breakfast intake will be limited to the first Thursday of the month and weekends.  On the weekends, it's a whole different game.  There's still coffee, but it's in a mug not a thermos, and there may even be a granola bar later in the day, but I do tend to start off my Saturdays and Sundays with pancakes or eggs or french toast or bagel sandwiches.  And when those breakfasts include chocolate chips, you know it's going to be a good day!


CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES
1 1/2 c. flour
3 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/4 c. milk
1/4 c. melted butter
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

1.  Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.

2.  Stir in milk, butter, eggs and vanilla just until combined.

3.  Drop 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot, greased skillet.  Sprinkle semisweet chocolate chips on top.  Bubbles will start to appear and break on the top of the pancake.  When they do, flip and cook the other side until golden brown.

4.  Top with butter and syrup.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the heads up - I will definitely check out your site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennie! I had to have a helper to get the shot with the syrup - I'm sure you know how that goes!

      Delete
  3. If it weren't the middle of the afternoon that I was reading this, I would be making pancakes right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see what's wrong with mid-afternoon pancakes!

      Delete
  4. How many pancakes does the recipe make?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on how big you like your pancakes obviously, but this recipe made about 12 pancakes that are 6" in diameter. I would say you could feed 4 :)

      Delete

Blogging tips