Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Beet Arugula Salad

I hope you had a great 3-day weekend.  I did almost nothing...and it was great.  I've already mentioned that I am a lister.  I love a good to-do list.  Really, just ask Austin.  I always have at least 3 different lists going.

I was definitely tempted to fill up my 3 days with lots of tasks and I kind-of did, but then I stopped looking at the list and you know what happened?  I relaxed.  Literally, laid by the pool, read a book, and took a nap.  It was amazing.
Labor Day marks the end of summer and while I am so ready to get out of the heat and into the hot drinks, I am really hoping I can keep some of the relaxation that summer brings into fall and winter.  I also should probably stick with the summer salads for a little longer.  That's probably just a good common sense.


BEET ARUGULA SALAD
cooked beets
arugula
parmesan
1 c. extra virgin olive oil
1 c. balsamic vinegar
2 tsp. dijon mustard
salt & pepper

1.  In a jar, shake together olive oil, vinegar, dijon mustard, salt and pepper.

2.  Assemble salad with as many beets, as much parmesan, and as much dressing as you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips