Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Pecan Fingers

Christmas Cookies!!!  There's really nothing better than Christmas cookies, right?  Really all of them have something valuable to bring to the table, but cookies aren't like kids, you can totally choose favorites.
These are my favorites.  I'm going to let these cookies get away with more than the sugar cookies.  They're allowed to be a little misshapen.  They can break when I put them into my bag.  Because really these cookies will never be bad.
At my house, we make way too many cookies.  Sure, we give them away to the neighbors and friends, but still there are too many.  Somehow, between my dad and me, there never seem to be too many of these though.  (A good reason for doubling the recipe!)

PECAN FINGERS
Recipe from Great-Grandma
1/2 lb. butter
4 heaping Tbsp. powdered sugar
1 tsp. water
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1 c. chopped pecans
powdered sugar to roll cookies in

1.  Beat together butter, powdered sugar, water, vanilla, and flour.  Stir in pecans.

2.  Shape into small oblongs (fingers).  Bake at 325˚ for 25 minutes.  Cool on a wire rack.

3.  Once cool, roll in powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips