Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

I have dropped the ball completely.  Let me explain myself.

1.  We have a little ball of energy running around the house biting at my ankles and hands every time I try to cook or take pictures of what little I do manage to get cooked all the way through.
2.  I started a new job.  Even though it is only part time, it's still new and it's hard to adjust.

3.  The sun likes to disappear behind the mountains around 4:00 these days (making it hard to take pictures).
Now you have 3 of my many excuses.  Oh wait!  Number 4 is that the weather is not cooperating!  I am the biggest fan of Christmas.  Love it.  Love the smells, the snow, the foods.  Love it all.  Well, yesterday it was 65˚ and sunny.  That's not helping my inspiration.
So, this pumpkin bread is the only thing that I have cooked since Thanksgiving.  And to be honest, it's not quite done in the center.  If you cook yours until the toothpick comes out clean, I promise it will reward you.

CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN BREAD
3 1/3 c. flour
3 c. sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree
1 c. vegetable oil
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2/3 c. water
3/4 c. semisweet chocolate chips

1.  In a medium bowl, combine first 6 ingredients.  Set aside.

2.  In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, eggs, and water.

3.  Gradually add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture.  Combine well.  Stir in chocolate chips.

4.  Pour into 2 greased loaf pans.  Bake at 350˚ for 60-65 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean)

5.  Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans onto wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips