Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Hot Chocolate

Do you make crazy amounts of to-do lists and keep yourself organized?


Do you write things down that you've already done just so you can cross them off and feel like you're accomplishing something?

Have taxes been on your list since way back in January and yet you still haven't mailed them off?

Me too.
Part of the reason I have procrastinated this long (which if you know me, this is definitely not my style) is because they make it so hard.  No wonder people don't file and end up having to call one of those sketchy lawyers on the commercials while you're just trying to watch some Law & Order SVU.

I had a couple of jobs this year so naturally I got paid from 3 different states.  I worked all of $93 worth in Utah before moving.  I worked in Virginia, got paid in Maryland, and lived in Washington DC.  That means 4 state filings.  That means confusion.  At 11:00 p.m., when you're still doing taxes, that means even more confusion!

So I have stacks of paper.  Thick stacks of paper.  All that needs to happen is sorting and putting into envelopes.  Bring to the post office.  Doesn't sound like that big of a deal right?  You're right, I should be able to do this.  I can do this.  

Tomorrow, I will do it.  Tonight, I'm going to yoga :)

Sometimes procrastination is all that feels right.  Sometimes what you need to do most is add another item to your to-do list.  It should say, "make a cup of hot cocoa (w/coffee)."  You can do that.  Then you can cross it off!  

HOT CHOCOLATE (Makes 2 Servings)
Recipe from the Joy the Baker Cookbook
1/4 c. semisweet chocolate chips
2 heaping Tablespoons white chocolate chips
2 c. milk
1/2 tsp. instant coffee (optional)
pinch salt
1.  Make a double boiler on your stove.  Melt chocolate over simmering water.  Add pinch of salt.

2.  Meanwhile, heat milk in medium saucepan.  Stir in melted chocolate and instant coffee.

3.  Serve with marshmallows!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips