Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Cinnamon Banana Pancakes

I woke up this morning and completely, 100% wanted to stay in bed.   Obviously, most days when my alarm goes off at 5:30a.m., I want to stay in bed, but today I really really wanted to keep sleeping.

I only have 9 days left of work and they could NOT be going by any slower!  Only 9 days between me and campfires, climbing ropes, fresh air, and mountains!

To say that I'm losing my motivation, would be an understatement.  

So tomorrow, can we "make banana pancakes and pretend like it's the weekend, now?"  (Remember that Jack Johnson song!)  Pretty please?
CINNAMON BANANA PANCAKES
2 eggs, well beaten
1 1/2 c. milk, scant
2 T. shortening, melted
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 T. sugar
1 T. cinnamon
2 medium bananas
1.  Mix together eggs, milk, shortening, and vanilla.

2.  Add dry ingredients and mix until just smooth.

3.  Pour onto a greased (or even better, buttered) skillet.  Add slices of banana on top of the pancake.
4.  Once bubbly, flip pancake over and cook until both sides are lightly browned and cake is cooked all the way through.

5.  Serve it up with butter or peanut butter and syrup.  
Feels like the weekend already, right?!

8 comments:

  1. These look amazing, I can't wait to try these! I would love if you would share this and any other posts at Showcase Your Talent Thursday http://whatscookinglove.blogspot.com/2012/04/showcase-your-talent-thursday-2.html. I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Alyssa, I have just stopped by your link up - Thanks for letting me know about it, I will be sure to join in next week again!

      Delete
  2. This looks and sounds delicious! I followed you over from Chef-in-Training and would like to invite you to share this, and any other posts, on my link party at www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.com. Have a great weekend.

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will definitely be stopping by your site to share - thanks for the heads up

      Delete
  3. Looks and sounds delicious! I'm definitely making these for the fam tomorrow morning. A suggestion: say about how many pancakes the recipe serves. It'd be a very useful bit of info:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you are going to try them out. That is a great suggestion and one I somehow always overlook. This recipe makes about 8 medium/large pancakes. Let me know what you thought!

      Delete
  4. Banana pancakes are an appetizing way for kids and adults to enjoy the health benefits of this food

    ReplyDelete
  5. I noticed on the nutrition info it said 460 calories ... but didn't mention how many pancakes you got for that hefty "price." Two, maybe? Would love to know, as that is a consideration in my household. These look SOOO delicious, I would hate to pass them up! :o) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips