Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Peanut Butter Ice Cream Topping

For the past 2 and a half years, I've had a helper with these recipes on the blog.  Sometimes she's really good.  She stays out of the way and does what I ask her to do.  Other times, not so much.

Her favorite ingredient is peanut butter so when it makes an appearance in a recipe, she gets pretty pumped about it and then her helpfulness really goes downhill.

After rereading the description, I'm starting to think I should get a new assistant.  But since she's my four-legged, furry friend I think I'll keep her.  Sometimes it's nice to have someone else helping out even if she does sometimes get in the way.  It's also nice to know that I'll always have someone that will like what I make. :)

I have a hunch your dog won't be the only one that likes this peanut butter ice cream topping though.*

Since I'm pretty much in an exclusive relationship with vanilla ice cream, I only tried it on that, but I'd imagine that pouring some of this warm, sweet, peanut buttery sauce over some chocolate ice cream would be divine.  I mean, chocolate and peanut butter.  That's a thing for a reason.

PEANUT BUTTER ICE CREAM TOPPING
Recipe from Joy the Baker
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
1/4 c. powdered sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 Tbsp. milk

1.  Stir everything together in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until combined.  Pour it over ice cream to serve or store in the refrigerator (reheat in microwave to serve).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips