Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Browned Butter and Lemon Popcorn

There's a group in Park City that shows independent films almost every weekend at a local theater.  They're usually a little bit old and a little bit weird, but they're fun nonetheless.  And even if not, they're a lot cheaper than the regular theater.  So, there's that.

The best part of it is the butter though.
They pop their own fresh popcorn right there in the lobby (of the library usually) and next to it, they have a crockpot full of real butter!  It's about 1 trillion times better than the oil that you find at your regular old AMC or Cinemark (I know because I used to work at one of those).

I really can't ask for more.

Well, I could asked for browned butter, but that seems a little demanding on my part.

When I'm at home, I'll keep browning my butter and topping with fresh lemon zest, but when I go to the theater, I'm just going to be overjoyed with real butter made from real cream which came from real cows!
BROWNED BUTTER & LEMON POPCORN
6 c. popped popcorn
1/2 c. butter
zest of 1/2 lemon
salt

1.  In a small saucepan, cook butter until it turns brown and there are small, brown flecks on the bottom of the pan.  (Watch carefully because it will burn.)

2.  Pour browned butter over prepared popcorn.  Sprinkle with lemon zest and salt to taste and toss to evenly distribute.

2 comments:

  1. Browned butter offers a simple twist to the standard “melted butter” that usually goes on popcorn. The lemon in this recipe is a refreshing choice. It gives the popcorn tons of flavor while also keeping it light. This would also taste great with freshly grated Parmesan cheese!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gwen! Parmesan cheese goes well on pretty much anything, in my opinion, so I think you're onto something! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
      xo
      Sarah

      Delete

Blogging tips