Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Tossed Fruit Salad

Sometimes when you move away from a place, you miss everything about it.  Sometimes you miss a certain feeling you got when you were there.  Or the weather.  Or the people.  I've moved around a lot the past few years, and each place I leave has a unique set of things that I miss.

When I left Washington DC though, I'll admit, I didn't miss much.  I was so happy to get out of there, that I didn't think much about leaving.  Of course, we made friends there that I wish we could see more often, but I don't miss the traffic, or the stinky people on the metro, my job, the insecurity, or the noise for a second.

There are so few things that I remember fondly from my time in DC, but one thing that keeps popping back into my mind is Chop't.  If you don't have a Chop't near you (I feel ya), it's a salad chain that makes you a bucket of salad filled with whatever you ask for.  They chop it all up small (hence, the name), and it's probably the best thing in our nation's capital.
My friend, who might as well be a rabbit, would always get hers loaded up with carrots, peas, tomatoes, peppers, and then top it off with just a tiny bit of lemon vinaigrette.  I was never that healthy.  I'd get cheese, croutons, maybe some veggies, probably some fruit and then spoon on a pretty heavy dose of a cream-based salad dressing.

This tossed fruit salad is a combination of the two.  I'd say it makes a pretty good compromise.
TOSSED FRUIT SALAD (makes 1 entree salad)
Spring Mix lettuce
2 strawberries
1/2 apple
3 Tbsp. bleu cheese
red wine vinaigrette (I like Brianna's)

1.  In a large bowl, toss all ingredients together.  Adjust amount of salad dressing depending on your tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips