Friday, May 16, 2014

Aloha Smoothie

When I flew back into Salt Lake City on Sunday night after spending 9 days lounging at the beach, I was greeted by snow!  I really do love snow.  In the winter.  On Mother's Day, it's a different story.
You'd think that the beach would be the thing to motivate me to eat tons of fresh fruit and sip on smoothies all day, but for some reason all I eat when breathing in the salt air is more salt and junk food.  I ate more potato chips in those 9 days than I will the rest of the year.  I ate burgers and fried chicken and lots of ice cream.  Besides a couple pieces of watermelon one morning, I don't think I saw fresh fruit.

So, when I got back, I was walking through the grocery store and immediately drawn to everything bright and juicy.  It's nice to be able to channel some of the beach into my daily life in the mountains too.  And until the rest of the snow melts, I'll just have to keep pretending.

ALOHA SMOOTHIE
1 banana
1 c. fresh pineapple
1 apple, peeled and cored
1/2 c. vanilla yogurt
1 c. ice

1.  Blend all ingredients until smooth.

2 comments:

  1. Where has your site been all my nutribullet life?? Thank you so much for these recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alana! That Nutribullet is a life-changer for sure! This one is good right now (with pineapple in season). Have a great day! xo Sarah

      Delete

Blogging tips