Thursday, May 29, 2014

Apricot White Chocolate Biscotti

Yesterday, I had such good intentions for getting stuff done.  I was going to do my homework for my programming and mapping classes.  I was going to apply for jobs.  I was maybe even going to go to the gym.

Instead?  Instead I watched hours of makeup tutorials online.  It was one of those YouTube time warps where you start out one place and then just keep going deeper into the rabbit hole and end up in a totally different area of the internet.  I don't know how it happens but I know YouTube is really good at it.
And I'm really not even that into makeup.  I mean, sure, I wear some...sometimes, but I wouldn't say I need to dedicate hours out of my day to learning new techniques!

Maybe it's ok to waste some time every once in a while.  I just hope next time I do that, it's over coffee and biscotti instead of vlogs.

APRICOT WHITE CHOCOLATE BISCOTTI
1 c. flour
1 c. yellow cornmeal
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter, softened
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. dried apricots, chopped
1/2 c. white chocolate chips

1.  Whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.  Set aside.

2.  Beat together sugar and butter until light and fluffy.  Add eggs one at a time.  Stir in vanilla.

3.  Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture and beat just until blended.  Stir in apricots and white chocolate.

4.  Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.  Split dough into 2 balls.  Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for 25 minutes.

5.  On a lightly floured surface (also flour your hands at this point), shape the 2 balls into logs about 14x3".  Place on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.  Bake at 350˚ for 25 minutes.  Remove from the oven and let cool on the cookie sheet for 20 minutes.

6.  Reduce oven temperature to 225˚.  After the cookies have cooled, cut into 1/2" slices using a serrated knife.  Place each cookie back on the cookie sheet with the cut side down.  Bake for 10 minutes then flip each cookie over to the other cut side.  Cook for another 10 minutes.  Cool completely on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips