Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Sour Cream Coffee Cake

The election is finally over.  I have no intentions of making this blog a political platform so don't worry you can keep reading.  We can stop arguing about ideals and fundamental differences of opinions and get back to arguing about sports and which Real Housewives is better.
We can also argue about which coffee cake is better: Sour Cream Coffee Cake or Cranberry Coffee Cake (recipe coming soon).  Every Christmas, my family has to decide what we should have for breakfast.  My dad doesn't like cranberries, and he really likes this cinnamon sugary coffee cake.  My mom really likes the cranberry one.  I like both so this is one argument I can just sit on the sidelines for.  I'm usually pretty pleased no mater what.
So, the point is: let's stop arguing about republicans and democrats, and let's get back to what really matters again.
SOUR CREAM COFFEE CAKE
Recipe from Grandma Walklet
1/4 lb. butter
1 c. sugar
2 eggs, unbeaten
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 c. sour cream
Filling:
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. pecans
2 Tbsp. cinnamon

1.  Beat together butter and sugar.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Add in dry ingredients.  Add sour cream.

2.  Grease tube pan.  Put 1/2 of batter into pan.  Mix together filling ingredients.  Sprinkle 1/2 filling on top of batter.  Top with the rest of the batter.  Top with the rest of the filling.

3.  Bake at 350˚ for 45 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,
    I'm from Europe, Belgium. And I really want to try this delicious cake but I don't know what lb is. It's the butter, 1/4 lb. butter.
    Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claudia! I'm so glad you're going to try out the cake :) lb. stands for pound (so, in this case, it would be one stick of butter). Let me know how it turns out! I lived in Germany for 6 months and I know some American ingredients can be hard to find in Europe at times.

      Delete
    2. Hi Sarah,
      I (finally) made your cake last night and took it to a birthday party. People loved it!
      Thank you for sharing... greetings from Antwerp, claudia.

      Delete
    3. Claudia! I am so glad it worked out well! This is my dad's favorite cake too, so I felt pretty confident that people would like it :)

      Delete

Blogging tips