Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Cranberry Streusel Coffee Cake

I told you last week that I would bring you another recipe for the holidays.  And I am definitely going to follow through with that.  What I didn't tell you is that I would also be bringing you pictures of our brand new puppy!
Dingo is an 8 week old "mixed breed."  I don't know if people don't like the word mutt or what, but that's what she is.  We think.  We're playing a game of wait-and-see right now.
I know having a puppy isn't at all the same as having a baby, but sometimes it sure feels like it.  I feel like I finally understand why new moms always say, "I just want to be able to take a shower."
Anyway, we've also already run into our first vet bill which came sooner than we had wanted or expected, but we're staying positive and hoping for the best.  Maybe bringing baked goods would help negotiate those bills?

CRANBERRY STREUSEL COFFEE CAKE
1 1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 c. whole fresh cranberries, rinsed and dried
Topping:
1/4 c. flour
1/2 c. light brown sugar, packed
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1/4 c. pecans, chopped

1.  Beat together butter and sugar.  Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Add vanilla.

2.  Gradually mix in flour and baking powder.  Beat on high for 1 minute.  Pour batter into greased and floured 9" spring-form pan.

3.  Cover batter with cranberries.

4.  Mix together topping ingredients and sprinkle over cranberries.

5.  Bake at 350˚ for 55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

*I recommend placing a cookie sheet under the pan in case any of the butter from the batter leaks out the bottom - trust me, it will get smoky!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cake, but ADORABLE puppy! Congrats to the new addition to your family :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennie! She is pretty adorable, makes it hard to discipline her when she gets into trouble - which I think is going to be happening more and more!

      Delete

Blogging tips