Wednesday, June 27, 2012

All Everything Cookies

Yesterday, I went to the pool (to pretend like I'm an Olympian) and got out after only 30 minutes because it started to thunder and lightning.  After I got home and showered, I looked out the window at our normally amazing view of the Flatirons, and saw this:
I quickly searched the internet to find out what was going on.  It was a 1-acre brush fire.  A few minutes later it was a 6-acre brush fire.  And about a half hour after that, it was somewhere between 200 and 300 acres.

Even though I grew up in Utah, I have never been this close to a wildfire (and I guess neither has anyone else in the city of Boulder).

Last night we sat out on the deck and looked through binoculars at the flames that started to come up over the ridge line and thought about what we would take with us if we got evacuated.
We decided on our passports, birth certificates, etc.  Our camping gear just out of practicality since we obviously wouldn't have a place to sleep.  Climbing gear, because it's already in the car.  And I think I'll bring my Kitchenaid :)
Without a Kitchenaid, it would be significantly harder (definitely not impossible though) to make these cookies.
ALL EVERYTHING COOKIES*
*I had a craving for the WHole Foods variety of All Everything cookies but couldn't find them - these turned out nothing like those cookies though...they were better!
3 eggs
1 c. butter
2/3 c. agave
2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3 c. oats
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1 c. flax seeds
1 c. pecans, chopped
1 c. raisins
1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1 c. white chocolate chips

1. Beat together eggs, butter and agave.  Add vanilla.
2. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt.
3. Add in oats, 1 cup at a time.
4. Mix in cinnamon and flax seeds.
5. Stir in pecans, raisins, and both types of chocolate chips.
6. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a parchment paper lines cookie sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes at 350˚.

2 comments:

  1. These look soo yummy, your pics of the fire are sad but breathtaking.

    Tab
    my-cliffnotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tab...they are really sad but at this point, we are still much much much more fortunate than people in other areas of the state.

      Delete

Blogging tips