Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Tomorrow's the big day and this may come as a surprise to you, but I am not going to share a recipe with you.  But really, you just want the same turkey, the same stuffing, and the same cranberries you have every year.  Thanksgiving is not the time to be experimenting.  Stick to what you love, enjoy the time with friends and family, and then Friday you can start your Christmas shopping!

Last weekend, Austin and I helped our friends, Dave and Leah, get a jump on their Christmas shopping.  Actually we didn't help.  We just distracted them while they were trying to find a Christmas tree that they would like to come back for in a few weeks.
Now, I thought I knew everything about Christmas, (I know all of the songs, that's for sure), but I hadn't even heard of "tree farms!"  I've never had a real tree myself but I thought people always just went to the drugstore and bought their tree from some fenced in area in the parking lot.  I guess not :)
Anyway, we spent the day Saturday driving through the beautiful country roads of Maryland, West Virginia, and Virginia.  It was a beautiful day and we had a lot of fun pretending to be Yetis running through the rows of pines!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips