Monday, November 14, 2011

Corn Casserole

Thanksgiving is just a week and a half away and I for one could not be more excited.  Last year, I had a case of the stomach flu and forced myself to eat a few bites of food.  Then I realized, if I got sick again I would never be able to enjoy another Thanksgiving dinner...so I refrained. 

This year though, I am going to wear some pants with some give in them.  I will take full advantage of that give.  I won't fill them out with turkey and mashed potatoes though.  Sure, I'll eat some.  But I'll really hold out for the good stuff.  The pie!

Maybe this year, you have a little bit of this corn casserole before you eat dessert.  It's like corn bread, but it never gets dry.  You won't have to worry about crumbs getting on your holiday sweater.  :)

CORN CASSEROLE
Recipe from Missy 
2 eggs
1 c. sour cream
1 can corn
1 can creamed corn
1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
1.  With a spoon, beat together eggs and sour cream.
2.  Add corn and cornbread mix.

3.  Pour into greased 9x13" pan.

4.  Bake at 400 for 40 minutes or until golden brown.

4 comments:

  1. that would be some evil force over me if I got the flu 2 Thanksgivings in a row!





    ....that being said, "knock, knock, knock!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Aren't they the best?! I don't remember where I got them now :/ Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment! xo Sarah

      Delete

Blogging tips